Curried Chicken & Golden Rice
If you think you know chicken curry, think again. When you make this famous, aromatic dish at home, you unlock the doors for a world of flavor and warm spices you didn’t know you could use in your kitchen. If you were thinking of ordering takeout, please don’t, this tasty chicken curry is ready in less than an hour, and your family will absolutely love it.
Will start with a reliable red onion, completely crushed to silken perfection. A drizzle of lime juice will mellow it fabulously, that’s the secret for a proper home-cooked curry. Then we’ll add the aromatics — ginger, garlic and colorful curry powder. Now see it turn into a creamy sauce with coconut milk. This is already finger-lickin’ good!
Here come the juicy and tender boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you can’t beat that. And there you have it! Some cilantro leaves for a hint of color, and you’ve just made yourself the best chicken curry you’ve tried, and you made it yourself. Don’t forget the steamy basmati rice. It makes the dish, and for added spice, add a pinch of paprika, it doesn’t get better than that!
- Calories: 415.4
- Protein: 44.2g
- Total Fat: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 98.6 mg
- Sodium: 332 mg
- Potassium: 1,006.7 mg
- Carbs: 46.4g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- India is rightly called the Land of Spices. No country in the world produces as many varieties of spices as India.
- Staple ingredients of Indian cuisine like potato, tomato and chilli don't have Indian origin. They were brought to India by the Portuguese.
- The first Indian restaurant in the USA was opened in the mid 1960s. Today, there are around 80,000 Indian restaurants in America.
- According to Indian Food Theory, our food has 6 different flavours: sweet, salty, bitter, sour, astringent and spicy.
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2⁄3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup basmati white rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp. curry powder
- 3" piece ginger - minced/grated
- 3 garlic cloves - minced/grated
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 medium red onion
- 1⁄4 cup of cilantro leaves
What You'll Need
- Cooking Oil
- Large flat pan