Grilled Basil Chicken & Zucchini
This gorgeous chicken with basil and zucchini is a treat. A fantastic combination of colors and flavors, all kissed by the unmistakable flavors that only a grill can add, especially when served over a bed of fluffy rice.
It all starts with a sweet, tangy, and spicy sauce made with lime zest, lime juice, aromatic garlic, soy sauce, and spicy red chili pepper flakes. We’ll add a pinch of sugar too! We’ll set it aside and get cooking.
Then to the grill. We’re roasting those zucchini to perfection, golden and crispy. The chicken must be perfectly grilled and juicy, slightly charred but never dry. When combined with the grilled zucchini, the succulent lime-based sauce, and the super fragrant fresh basil, you’ve got yourself a winning dinner. A fast and easy lunch, or a midnight crave-quencher.
It’s amazing what you can do with just a few ingredients and don’t think for a second chicken is dull; this is a party in your mouth. Sweet, tangy, spicy, and beautifully aromatic, this is text-book balance between aromas, flavors, and texture done right. Top a bowl of white rice with this colorful chicken stew and enjoy — a super healthy grilled basil chicken that’s ready in just a few minutes.
Nutritional Values (per serving)
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 10.5g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 29g
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, jelly beans, doughnuts and pumpkin pie are the most familiar American foods across the world
- Ronald Reagan was also known to some as the "Jelly Bean Man" because of his love of them! 3.5 tons of Jelly Bellie beans were dispatched to the White House for his 1981 presidential celebrations. A blue one, blueberry flavour, was developed especially for the occasion so that red, white and blue were each represented
- Hawaii is the only U.S. state that grows and produces coffee
- American Thanksgiving is an annual festival when all members of the family come together to eat and celebrate. Stores sell more food and provisions at this time than any other time of the year
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 lb. of chicken tenders
- 2 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 4 small zucchini halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 red chile, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
What You'll Need
- Cooking Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Large sized bowl
- Grill or flat pan