Broccoli Cheese Bake
When you hear the word casserole, you’re instantly transported to the good times with the family; you remember home-cooked meals, warm out of the oven. Flavors that you can only find at home. Well, that’s what we’re cooking today.
This is our Healthy Broccoli Cheese Bake, and it tastes like everyone’s home-cooked meals with mom. Let me tell you all about this easy but delicious recipe. It all starts with caramelized onions, snappy bell peppers and earthy mushrooms in a steamy pan with just a healthy olive oil drizzle. Then we’ll add some milk, flour and cheese, and you know that smells good!
Then we’re adding some broccoli, because what good is a home-cooked meal if it’s not at least a bit healthy, right? We’ll throw in some bread crumbs for some crunch and body, and of course, a dollop of butter. Let’s throw it in the oven and wait impatiently because your kitchen will be filled with the loveliest, warming aromas ever. That’s my Healthy Broccoli Cheese Bake right there. A casserole to rule them all. And the only way you’ll make your kids eat some broccoli.
- Calories: 235.2
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 10.3g
- Carbohydrates 25.9g
- Cholesterol 18.8mg
- Sodium 407.6mg
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, jelly beans, doughnuts and pumpkin pie are the most familiar American foods across the world
- Ronald Reagan was also known to some as the "Jelly Bean Man" because of his love of them! 3.5 tons of Jelly Bellie beans were dispatched to the White House for his 1981 presidential celebrations. A blue one, blueberry flavour, was developed especially for the occasion so that red, white and blue were each represented
- Hawaii is the only U.S. state that grows and produces coffee
- American Thanksgiving is an annual festival when all members of the family come together to eat and celebrate. Stores sell more food and provisions at this time than any other time of the year
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups low-fat (1%) milk, heated
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Romano cheese
- 7 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed, well drained on paper towel
- 1 cup fresh whole-grain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
What You'll Need
- Cooking Oil
- Medium sized bowl
- Large deep pan
- Large baking pan