Beefy Sweet & Sloppy Joes
Legend says the sloppy joes were invented by a cook named Joe in Iowa in the 1930s, and it sounds about right because these messy ground meat buns are an all American classic!
So Cheesy, So Juicy
Premium ground meat, sweet caramelized onions, and crunchy bell peppers are all you need for a fantastic sloppy joe. Seasoned with the classic, tangy Worcestershire and a pinch of brown sugar, these are so good everyone will want to repeat. These sloppy joes are crowd-pleasers, and perfect for casual get-togethers with friends and family. The kids love them too, and they’re so easy to put together you can feed an army.
Big Patties, Big Buns
Here’s our little secret — Vegetable juice. A good old can of V8, that sweet and savory, salty and hearty juice. It’s very nutritious and brings your sloppy joes’ ground meat mixture together for a flavorful bite. But don’t tell anyone about our little secret. This is your new ace up your sleeve for fabulous sloppy joes..
Now we’re ready to make some fabulous sloppy joes. Make sure you get your hands on some artisan, fluffy buns and get that stovetop fired up. Sloppy joes will be your new favorite go-to meal, and your kin will love them!
- Calories: 341
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Zinc: 7.1mg
Due to the different suppliers we purchase our products from, nutritional facts per meal can vary from the website to what is received in the delivered box, depending on your region.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, jelly beans, doughnuts and pumpkin pie are the most familiar American foods across the world
- Ronald Reagan was also known to some as the "Jelly Bean Man" because of his love of them! 3.5 tons of Jelly Bellie beans were dispatched to the White House for his 1981 presidential celebrations. A blue one, blueberry flavour, was developed especially for the occasion so that red, white and blue were each represented
- Hawaii is the only U.S. state that grows and produces coffee
- American Thanksgiving is an annual festival when all members of the family come together to eat and celebrate. Stores sell more food and provisions at this time than any other time of the year
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow, green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup of 100% vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoon lightly-packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole hamburger buns, split
What You'll Need
- Cooking Oil
- Large flat pan